Consultations on the Role of Youth in Peace-Building 2019
Its a three days event exploring what youth-led peace-building looks like in practice and understanding how to operationalise the principles behind the Youth, Peace and Security Agenda.
The consultation will have the following schedule.
Day 1: Deconstructing the role of youth in peace-building
- Youth peace-building in practice: exploring approaches, tools and interventions;
- Debunking assumptions: moving beyond the victim-perpetrator binary;
- Diversity and gender among youth peace-builders.
Day 2: Moving towards empowerment and inclusion
- Meaningful political inclusion of youth;
- Economic inclusion of youth: beyond just jobs;
- Youth leadership and accountability.
Day 3: Investing in youth peace-building capacities
- Moving away from passive partnerships: bridging the trust gap;
- Moving towards financial sustainability;
- Participant-led open discussion.